Power Supply (IPXQ) Replacement in the Epilog Helix
Machine Type: Epilog Helix
- Philips head screw driver
- 5/16 nut driver
- Wire cutters
This procedure details steps to replacing the IPXQ power supply in the Helix. Before starting on this procedure, unplug the power cord from the machine.
- Remove back service panel.
- Remove the two large p-loops with a 5/16 nut driver.
- Disconnect three of the electrical leads.
a. Disconnect the connectors holding the green with yellow stripe, black, and white lead.
b. Disconnect the farthest left connector holding the black and red lead.
c. Disconnect the connector holding red and black lead. This connector is directly under the left edge of the laser tube.
- With a Philips head screw driver, unscrew the green screws located on each side of the power supply.
- Replace the IXPQ power supply with Meanwell power supply. The Meanwell power supply is larger so it will not be positioned the same as an IXPQ power supply. Position the Meanwell power supply in the machine with the green captive screws on the bottom.
- Reconnect the three electrical connectors.
a. Reconnect the connector with the green with yellow stripe, black, and white lead. There are two leads containing these wires, connect only the longer of the two.
b. Reconnect the two connectors holding the red and black leads. The longer of the leads goes to the farthest left connector. The shorter lead connects to the lead from the laser tube.
- Tuck in the wires under the power supply and replace the back service panel.
Note: The Meanwell power supplies will not fit with the flat back cover. Replace the flat back cover with the new cover that has protrusions.
If you have any questions, please contact Epilog’s Technical Support