Setting the X-Y Home Position on the Mini/Helix
Machine Type: Epilog Mini 18/24, Helix
Tools Needed: Ruler or Measuring Calipers
- Turn on the engraver.
- Open a new page in Corel Draw. Create a 1 inch black filled box. Place it 1 inch from the top of the page and 1 inch from the left edge of the page. Make sure that the page layout size in Corel matches the piece size in the printer properties dialog box.
- Raster engrave the box on a piece of scrap material. Measure the distance between the top and the side of the box to the edge of the piece. If the measurements are 1 inch for both axes, you are done. If the measurements are not 1 inch for both the Y-axis (top of page to top of box) and x-axis (left of page to left of box), then proceed to step 4.
- Note: when adjusting the axes, adjust the X axis, then the Y axis. Do one at a time. If your image needs to go to the left, decrease the X-axis numeric value. If it needs to go to the right then increase that value. If the image needs to go to the back of the engraver, decrease the Y axis numeric value. Increase the value if you need the image to move towards the front.
- To change X-home, press the STOP and RESET keys simultaneously (while engraver is on). X-home should appear with a numeric value, i.e. -135. The range of values is 0 to -600. To increase or decrease the numerical value you must use the Up or Down keys. Each single digit change is equal to a movement of .001 of an inch (0.025 mm). When you are done selecting a value, press the GO key twice and the setting has now been recorded.
- To adjust the Y-home, press STOP and SPEED. Y-home should appear with its numerical value. The range of values for y is +200 to -600. Use the Up and Down keys to increase or decrease the value. Again, each single digit change is equal to a movement of .001 of an inch (0.025 mm). When you are done selecting a value, press the GO key twice and the setting has now been recorded.
- With every change you save, resend the file to the engraver to see if the change has taken place.
- Steps 5 through 7 may need to be repeated several times in order to set the X and Y-axis in order to set them to their exact positions.
If you have any questions, please contact Epilog’s Technical Support