When installing the Epilog Engraver over USB on Windows 7 64bit OS, you must follow the steps below:
- Turn the laser system off and your computer on.
- Plug your USB cable plugged into both the computer and the laser, turn the Engraver ‘ON’ and go to the Devices and Printers in Windows: Start – Control Panel – Devices and Printers.
- You should now see an “Unspecified Laser Engraver” listed under the Devices and Printers. Right click on this and select “Properties".
- Select the Hardware tab.
- If you see both "Epilog Laser Driver" and "USB Printing Support" listed on the hardware tab, continue to step 6. If only "USB Printing Support" is listed under Hardware, you must troubleshoot the device (right click and troubleshoot) and get rid of the error in the USB Printing Support in Windows. This sometimes requires that you reboot, unplug, turn off, restart, plug in and turn on the devices and troubleshoot again until the USB Printing Support error is resolved. You will know it is resolved when you see your laser system listed under the Hardware tab.
- Once you do see both the Epilog Engraver and USB Printing Support listed:
- Highlight “Epilog Laser Driver” and select “Properties”.
- Click the “Change Settings” button in the lower left corner and then select the “Driver” tab.
- Click the “Update Driver” button and direct it to load the driver from the C:/Epilog_Drivers folder*.
*C:/Epilog_Drivers is the default folder when you unzip the file after downloading from the website. You may have unzipped to another location and if so, direct it to that location to search for the drivers as described above.
If you are still having issues, please contact Technical Support at 303.215.9171, for further support.