Checking Table Level on the Mini and Helix Lasers
How do I check the levelness of the table on my Mini or Helix laser?
Checking Table Level on the Mini and Helix Laser
Machine Type: Mini 18 and 24, and Helix Laser
Tools required: Manual Focus Gauge
- With your machine on, open up the main door so you can have full access to the table.
- Locate manual focus gauge. This is triangular or “V” shaped tool.
- Place the gauge on the lens carriage head where the 2 pins are sticking up on the pegs below the lens.
- Raise the table up until it comes in contact with the very bottom tip of the focus gauge.
- Move the lens carriage head to all four corners making sure the distance between the focus gauge and the table does not change. If the gauge moves or the spacing from the gauge to the table changes, this would indicate the table is not level and will need to be adjusted.
If the table is not level and needs to be adjusted, please continue on with Leveling Table procedure.
Leveling the Table
Tools required: 7/64 Allen wrench
- With the machine on, lower the engraving table roughly halfway down.
- Look inside the machine on the left and right side of the chassis wall, and you’ll notice 4 cutout slots, 2 on the left side (front & rear of chassis wall) and 2 on the right side (front & rear of chassis wall). Look at Picture 1 & 2 below for reference.
- Once cutout slots are located, look down through it where the table is and you will notice 2 Allen screws that are right next to each other. One has a lock washer on it and the other does not. You will also notice there are 4 sets, one set in each corresponding corners.
- These two 7/64 Allen wrench screws are use to fine tune the table level. There is about 3/8” adjustment max per screw.
To Lower Table: Loosen the one without the lock washer first and tighten one withlock washer.
To Raise Table: Loosen the one with the lock washer first and tighten one without lock washer.
Turning the screw counter-clockwise will loosen the screws. Clockwise will tighten the screws.
- Adjust the screws as needed. Example; if the top left corner of the table is lower than all the other corners by 1/8”, adjusts the screws until you think the table has come up 1/8”.
NOTE: Turning the screws clockwise/counter-clockwise one revolution will move it 1/32”, two revolutions will move it 1/16”, four revolutions will move it 1/8”, etc.
- Once screws have been adjusted, raise the table back up so that it is barely touching the very bottom tip of the focus gauge.
- Now move the lens carriage head to all four corners making sure the distance between the focus gauge and the table does not change.
- If table is still off, you will need to fine tune the screws until the table is level.
- If other corners of the table are off you will need to go through adjusting them as needed.
If you have any questions, please contact Epilog’s Technical Support.