How do I replace the IKO Bearing Set in my Epilog Mini?
X-Axis IKO Bearing Set Replacement in the Mini
Machine Types: Epilog Mini 18/24
- Large Philips head screw driver
- 3/32 Allen wrench
- Torx Screw Driver with 3/32 hex bit
This procedure details steps to replacing the X-axis bearing set. The bearing set is the race and bearing bracket that guides the X-Axis carriage assembly from left to right. Before starting on this procedure, disconnect the power cord from the machine.
- Remove the left side panel.
- Remove the cover off the X-beam.
- Relax the X-Axis belt.
a. On the left side of X-beam there is a pulley system. Unscrew both of the screws.
b. Push in the pulley and simultaneously tighten the left screw.
- Remove the lens assembly from the bearing bracket.
a. Unscrew the two 3/32 hex screws holding the lens.
b. Unscrew the four 3/32 hex screws on the lens carriage.
c. Disconnect the white ribbon cord on top of the lens assembly control board.
d. Lift up the AA Tube Hangar shaft and place the lens assembly off the rail.
- Unscrew the 34 3/32 hexagonal screws on the rail.
- Replace the rail:
a. On the right side of the rail there are engravings by the manufacturer. Locate the arrows in these engravings. To position the rail point, put the engravings on the right side of the X-beam and point the arrows down.
b. While screwing in the 34 3/32 hex screws for the rail, press down firmly on the top of the rail. This will ensure straightness to the rail.
c. Torque the 34 hex screws.
- Place the lens assembly back on the rail.
- Screw in the four 3/32 hex screws to attach the lens assembly to the bearing bracket.
- Screw in the two 3/32 hex screws to attach the lens.
- Tighten the belt:
a. Unscrew the two screws holding the belt pulley.
b. Pull the pulley gently to the left (out of the machine) and simultaneously tighten the two screws.
- Slide the laser head back and forth along the rail to ensure smooth movement.
- Replace the X-beam cover.
- Replace the side panel.
If you have any questions, please contact Epilog’s Technical Support